Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a valid BCCNM? We have an immediate need for both full time and part time staff.
We offer Medical Benefits (Available for anyone working 24 hours or more/week), competitive rates and flexible scheduling.
Must be willing to work minimum of 6-8 shifts bi-weekly. All necessary PPE will be provided on site
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Providing for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of an LPN. Utilizing sound nursing practice principles, ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care in the assigned home area(s).
- Ensures the supply, control, and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics, ensures protocols are followed on all assigned shifts.
- Creating a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, autonomy, independence and individuality and maintenance of personal lifestyle and values.
- Optimizing each resident’s potential to achieve or maintain maximum functional ability.
- Seeks direction from the RN when resident need exceeds experience or scope of practice.
- Exercises sound nursing judgment by reporting any change in resident’s status in a timely manner to the Registered Nurse as necessary and takes appropriate action.
- Fostering an atmosphere that is conducive to the provision of optimal care, and the effective functioning of the assigned resident home area through collaboration with other team members, monitoring resident care, communicating with residents and family members, and providing guidance to Personal Support Workers/Unregulated team members assigned to the care unit.
- Liaising with medical team members, nurse specialists, consultants and supports effective clinical care for all residents.
- Continually assesses his/her own nursing practice and learning needs.
- Participates in and attends in-service programs provided by the community as well as conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Documents priorities, target dates and strategies or interventions on the individualized care plan to achieve the best possible outcomes for each resident.
- Works with the resident, family members, and interprofessional team to systematically collect data for the nursing history on admission, readmission, and change in status, and provides ongoing assessment and appropriate documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing.
- Current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses BC.
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per Ministry of Health requirements for AIS.
- Current First Aid with CPR.