Our Client is a rapidly growing Canadian company committed to operating first class retirement communities in Toronto and Ottawa. Our Client share a passion for providing the best-in-class quality of care. The key differentiator for our client is their expertise in heavier care services and an extensive memory care program.
They offer a wide range of living and care options to ensure the needs of their residents are met with convenience, flexibility, and peace of mind.
As a focused and dynamic team, they are open to new ideas and looking for energetic individuals to join their growth. The Opportunity: The Director / Manager of Care (MOC) is responsible for delivering the highest quality of care to their residents by providing leadership to the health and wellness team and ensuring all care initiatives/programs meet organizational, regulatory and provincial standards while working within relevant legislation and applicable governing bodies.
Working alongside the health and wellness team, the MOC will complete managerial, administrative duties in addition to being on the floor implementing care plans and assisting with resident care needs.
- Lead the strategic planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all care-related programs and initiatives to residents.
- Provide care as well as procure and administer medications, including injections and narcotics, to residents.
- Complete care assessments for new residents joining the community.
- Ensure annual goals and objectives align with our clients values.
- Effectively supervise health and wellness teams.
- Participate in HR duties, including recruitment, organize staff orientation and in-service training, maintain scheduling for health & wellness staff, conduct regular performance reviews, assist in staff development and coaching.
- Demonstrate progressive leadership and hands-on approach to monitoring and evaluating resident care.
- Resolve issues or concerns with prompt, effective and sound judgement whilst ensuring compliance and evaluating outcomes with care teams when applicable.
- Lead company initiatives related to regulatory compliance and resident health initiatives.
- Foster a collaborative and strong relationship with residents, local community, community agencies, physicians, healthcare facilities and other community stakeholders.
- Contribute to maintaining a positive, resident-centred work environment where the free flow of ideas is respected and information sharing is promoted to ensure the welfare of residents and employees is prioritized.
- Maintain high standards of superior customer service.
- Provide on-call support when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be actively registered as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with CNO;
- At least 3-5 years in a management role within the Seniors Housing, Retirement or Healthcare Industry preferred;
- Proven leadership, clinical judgement and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate well with residents, their families, staff and community stakeholders;
- Experience in Dementia Care