Our client is a Retirement Residence currently has asked to us to assist in hiring Director of Care / Wellness for their facility.
Our client is a purpose driven organization. They aspire to cultivate an environment and culture where team members feel valued heard and empowered to do meaningful work. And they offer a number of programs and benefits that support team members’ financial, personal and professional needs:
What You’ll Be Doing:
- A competitive salary and vacation package
- Health & Dental benefits program
- Continuous learning and growth so you have the skillset needed to succeed and take on new challenges
- A welcoming culture that values diversity and differing perspectives, experiences and beliefs
You will be a welcomed member of the Retirement team, working in a fast-paced environment where you will make a meaningful difference in residents’ lives.
As a Director of Wellness you’ll form a deep understanding of your residents and their living experience.
You will build relationships with the residents and their family members, offering a variety of support options and program choices that enrich their daily health and well being.
As an individual and part of a wider team, you will be a strong contributor to the culture of the home, where the focus is always on helping residents live fully, every day.
How You’ll Succeed
Who You Are:
- Resident/ Family Relations:
- Builds relationships while interacting with residents and families to ensure we offer personalized, choice driven care and support.
- New Hire Support:
- Recruitment, onboarding, orientation and retention of our Wellness Team members
- Create and maintain partnerships with site level team members, Regional Team members, and external stakeholders such as hospitals, community health care professionals and The Alzheimer’s Association.
- Reviewing audits, reports, dashboards, progress notes, assessments and care plans to ensure compliance with standards and Provincial Regulations.
- Departmental oversight to include Assessment, Incident, Quality, Risk, Human Resources, IPAC & Memory Care Program (where applicable) management
- A desire to create memorable moments for all our residents and their families
- A commitment to promote a positive, respectful and supportive environment for all our residents, families, visitors and team members
- A passion inspire others to make a difference in their own life and the lives of our resident, families, and team members
- A pledge to provide the highest quality of services that will promote, elevate and support the health and happiness of our seniors
- Current Registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Knowledge of applicable provincial regulations and standards inclusive of Memory Care requirements(where applicable)
- Current First Aide and HCP CPR What you need to know:
- We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and residents feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada or have a valid work/study permit
- You must successfully pass a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Committed to protecting our team members, residents and families. We require all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with two doses of vaccine that is approved by Health Canada