Our client a leading Senior housing Company are looking for a General Manager for one of their Retirement Residences.
The General Manager is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of team members.
As a General Manager Your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Planning, co-ordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities of the Residence.
- Developing short- and long-term operational plans for the efficient operation of the Residence.
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure all aspects of Quality Improvement Program are carried out as scheduled. (Quality Management plan, corporate indicators, monthly QI schedules, currency of policy & procedure manuals).
- Supporting sales team members with internal and external initiatives that enhance the reputation of the Residence and maximize lead generating activities.
- Monitoring all departments to ensure that the residence is tour ready at all times.
- Establishing marketing objectives with the Marketing lead on a daily, weekly, and monthly targets
- Reviewing the competitive analysis and making recommendations on annual rate increases and service enhancements or changes based on the trends in the community.
- Fostering positive community partnerships with health and service providers, business leaders, civic officials, and other community agencies to promote the Residence as part of the community.
- Seeking opportunities to ensure a participative working relationship within the provincial health care network.
- Participating in the development of the annual operating budget.
- Overseeing all expenditures, utilizing the purchase journals to ensure departments operate within budgetary guidelines.
- Providing oversight to Occupational Health & Safety Committee to ensure it meets all legislative requirements.
- Monitoring all active claims and ensures ongoing efforts are made for early return to work.
- Monitoring compliance with the policy on Monitoring Resident Wellbeing.
- Responding promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Have completed a Management course or have a minimum 3 years’ equivalent experience.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources, finance, labour relations, marketing, and department coordination.
- Must possess good public relations and communication skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Must demonstrate initiative, good judgment and foster a positive work atmosphere.