Our client a Long term Care facility have multiple positions for Personal Support worker.
- Observe, promote and respect the Residents’ Bill of Rights, dignity and privacy;
- Provide supervision and/or assistance to the residents in their activities of daily living;
- Observe and determine differences in usual emotional, social, behavioral and physical patterns;
- Recognize obvious changes in usual patterns and report these changes to the registered staff;
- Interact one-on-one with residents with or without language barriers, sensory deficits and/or communication aides, listen and validate individuals’ communications;
- Provide oral and dental care, maintain oral tissue integrity and observe for problems;
- Maintain skin, nail and foot care to promote and maintain skin integrity for comfort and mobility;
- Provide residents with preferred individual bedtime routine;
- Implement measures to keep body clean, comfortable and free from odor by washing and grooming;
- Assist with adaptive aids/prosthesis/mobility aids;
- Provide assistance in determining and supporting individuals’ usual elimination patterns and habits;
- Supervise and assist resident with feeding aids if required; provide texture modified food accordingly;
- Provide cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual support and assistance with all activities of daily living;
- Implement universal precautions and isolation techniques according to the infection control policies and procedures;
- Identify and implement emergency measures;
- Collect and monitor resident information;
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and a Personal Support Worker certificate;
- Valid CPR certificate and First Aid certificate;
- Demonstrated interest in working with elderly with patience, kindness, compassion, and creativity;
- Ability to work rotating shifts (Day/Evening/Night) and alternative weekends;
- Proficiency in oral and written English.